Thursday, December 23, 2010

Full Attention: best scene from The Social Network

Silicon Valley Man meets Legal Man -- my favorite scene from The Social Network. Yes, Zuckerberg comes off as an ass, but it's what real startup guys think and feel.




You have part of my attention. You have the minimum amount. The rest of my attention is back at the offices of facebook, where my colleagues and I are doing things that no one in this room, including and especially your clients, are intellectually or creatively capable of doing. Did I adequately answer your condescending question?


Hedonic treadmill alert: bad enough that Zuckerberg is the youngest billionaire ever, Sean Parker is also worth nearly a billion!

I notice the movie didn't give out all the details of the Saverin settlement (rumor has it he got about $1 billion as well). See here for more background. Was it just me or did the whole thing seem like an advertisement for Harvard?

5 comments:

ben g said...

I really liked the movie. The main thing I felt was unfair was how they implied that basing the networks on school email addresses was unique to the Harvard Connection site. That approach already existed at Club Nexus, a social network from Stanford two years prior.

steve hsu said...

I think the only thing Zuck says in the movie that is incorrect is that there are more people in China with genius IQs than in the US total (during the opening dialog with BU girlfriend). Even the coding / hacking stuff was OK, as far as I could tell :-)

Mariano Chouza said...

The Elo rating equations seem OK, but I doubt Eduardo wrote them in a window... :-)

Memps20 said...

Uhm,actually the youngest billionaire ever is Dustin Moskovitz.

Asdf said...

The movie was much more of an ad for Stanford and Palo Alto than for Harvard.

Harvard tried to shut FB down. Stanford gave it life.

Blog Archive

Labels