Monday, October 15, 2012

Prometheus: meeting your maker

I finally got to see it over the weekend. Re: plot, there is a way to interpret the story that actually hangs together (suspension of disbelief regarding workings of Darwinian evolution that produced mankind still required, however).

This is one of my favorite scenes. Michael Fassbender is fantastic as the android David.






Some interesting stuff here:









"Please fund my startup!"






See also this old post: Prometheus in the basement.

4 comments:

LaurentMelchiorTellier said...

The plot swan-dives straight into the uncanny valley for me. Fassbenders brilliance is like the creepy verisimilitude that makes the disintegrity so horrible.

Louis Burke said...

For me probably one of the most disappointing movies I've ever seen.

Jan Dahl said...

I found that RedLetterMedia (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x1YuvUQFJ0) summarised a lot of what I dislike about the movie. They /did/ give it a decent review in spite of the video, but I think that both RedLetterMedia, Louis, Laurent and yourself have given Prometheus a waaaay to positive review.

Louis Burke said...

I hated it, no mistake.

Blog Archive

Labels